Monday, November 22, 2010

Chicken Chili ...yum!

Hello bloggy friends!

Ok, so last week someone asked me how I made my chicken chili...so here ya go!

Ingredients:
(Give or take, depending on how much you would like to make...I usually make mine in a large pot so the boyfriend and I can have left-overs for lunch the next day.)

1.  Three (3) 16oz cans of chili beans
2.  Two (2) cans of kidney beans...you can use light red, dark red, or both. I prefer just the light red b/c they're softer :)
3.  Two (2) 16oz cans of stewed tomatoes....or less if you're not a fan of tomatoes...
4. 1 pack of chili seasoning
5. Pack of white chicken. (I usually get the boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut any excess fat off and cut them into strips before cooking...or you can go the easy route like I did tonight and just buy the chicken already in strips haha)

Optional...you can add in onions or bellpeppers to your chili too...really whatever you prefer. My boyfriend hates onions and isn't a fan of bellpeppers, so I keep my chili pretty simple.

First: Empty all your cans of beans and tomatoes in a large pot, add your chili seasoning and simmer.
Second: Boil your chicken strips in a smaller, seperate pot.
Third: Once the chicken is done, cut each strip into bite size pieces and add into the pot with the beans.
Fourth: Let it cook on medium heat until hot...or on low and let it simmer and soak in all the spices from the chili seasoning a little longer. (Be sure to watch it and make sure it doesn't burn on bottom. All stoves are different and medium on my stove may or may not be the equivilant of yours.)

*Also...be sure to stir it from time to time to get it all nice and mixed and so it doesn't burn!

This is SO easy to make! It takes less than 30 minutes and it's great with crackers :)

I am incredibly picky about my food. I have this wierd phobia of eating ground meat...doesn't matter if it's Beef, Chicken, Turkey, whatever...if it's ground, I don't want it. This is why I do chicken chili :)

Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Crafty Crystal!! Found your wonderful blog on the Sunday Stroll from Queen of Swag!! This Chicken Chili sounds delish!!! Can't wait to make it!!!

Jessica
yoursassycarolinagirl.blogspot.com

The Crafty Crystal said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)

(Single)Mommy said...

following you from wandering wednesday! this looks delish ;)

http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

Tania

Mika said...

Sounds good! I'm now following from the blog hop. I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks! Mika