Thursday, December 2, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Crafts #2: Clothespin Reindeer


 
Craft #2: Rudolph Reindeer Ornament

I remember making these as a child. It is so much fun...and a great craft to share with children. It's really easy!

Supplies:

1. Clothespins
2. Brown paint
3. Red gem or pom pom for nose
4. Ribbon
5. Wiggly eyes

Haha, this was the only pack of clothespins I saw at Walmart. It was about $4...quantity is 100, so I guess this means I'm making 50 Rudolphs!


First, I painted my clothespins. I just used some brown acrylic paint. I tried to find some brown spray paint so I could spray a lot of them quickly, but Walmart had none that satisfied me and I didn't feel like making multiple stops :/ Either method works just fine.

This picture shows a couple finished reindeer and some of my supplies. 

Second, I tied some tiny bows out of my red ribbon.

Third, I glued my clothespins together with my hot glue gun. One pin facing upwards and the other down. 

Fourth, I glued on my eyes, nose and bow.

Voile! That's all you do :) I think they are so cute!! ENJOY!



6 comments:

Cheryl's Crafty Jewelry said...

Awww, those are so cute! You should make some for me, Granny, Chelle & Aunt Karen. Love u! :)

Show Me Mama said...

Those are really cute!
I am your new follower. You can follow me back at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

Anonymous said...

I love making things with clothes pins! I might have to borrow your idea for an ornament for my tree!

Neccie said...

thanks for sharing I was about to make some of these =]
I am a new follower please check out my blog at: http://necciegeddings23.blogspot.com

Stephani said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Friday!

Katherine said...

Very cute! I remember making these as a child too! Thanks so much for linking up to the Holiday Hookup!