Thursday, December 2, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Crafts #2: Clothespin Reindeer

Craft #2: Rudolph Reindeer Ornament

I remember making these as a child. It is so much fun...and a great craft to share with children. It's really easy!


1. Clothespins
2. Brown paint
3. Red gem or pom pom for nose
4. Ribbon
5. Wiggly eyes

Haha, this was the only pack of clothespins I saw at Walmart. It was about $4...quantity is 100, so I guess this means I'm making 50 Rudolphs!

First, I painted my clothespins. I just used some brown acrylic paint. I tried to find some brown spray paint so I could spray a lot of them quickly, but Walmart had none that satisfied me and I didn't feel like making multiple stops :/ Either method works just fine.

This picture shows a couple finished reindeer and some of my supplies. 

Second, I tied some tiny bows out of my red ribbon.

Third, I glued my clothespins together with my hot glue gun. One pin facing upwards and the other down. 

Fourth, I glued on my eyes, nose and bow.

Voile! That's all you do :) I think they are so cute!! ENJOY!


Cheryl's Crafty Jewelry said...

Awww, those are so cute! You should make some for me, Granny, Chelle & Aunt Karen. Love u! :)

Show Me Mama said...

Those are really cute!
I am your new follower. You can follow me back at Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

Karen said...

I love making things with clothes pins! I might have to borrow your idea for an ornament for my tree!

Neccie's Creations said...

thanks for sharing I was about to make some of these =]
I am a new follower please check out my blog at:

Stephani said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Friday!

Krafty Kat said...

Very cute! I remember making these as a child too! Thanks so much for linking up to the Holiday Hookup!