Thursday, December 9, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Crafts #9: Tile Coasters


Craft #9: Tile Coasters


These turned out so stinkin' cute!! I saw tile coasters done here....and somewhere else, but I can't remember where...but, I thought it was a super idea and HAD to make some!

These I gave to my friend Jenna for Christmas :)

(Here is a better pic of the design!)

Supplies:

1. Tiles (only $.16 a piece at Home Depot)
2. Scrapbook paper of your choice (I used two different ones for these)
3. Modge Podge
4. Sealer (waterproof)

First, I measured my tile so I would know what size to cut my scrapbook paper. The tiles were slightly larger than 4x4, so I cut my paper 4x4 inches so there would be about a centimeter of tile showing around the edges.


Second, I cut my Scrapbook paper to size.


My squares :)

Third, I used a glue stick to glue my papers together.

Fourth, I used the Modge Podge to glue the paper to the tile.


For one tile, I tried gluing my bottom piece of paper to the tile first, then glueing my top piece. Either way worked fine for me.

Fifth, I coated the entire top of the tile about 3 times with Modge Podge. (Let dry between each coat)

Next, after they were dry, I sprayed the sealer over them to make them water proof. 

 Finally, I added these little babies to the bottoms of my tiles so they wouldn't scratch any tables.


I'm proud of these coasters!
She loved them, so that makes me happy too!

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

A Scoop Full of Spark said...

Omgoodness Crystal I am in LOVE with those dang coasters! They are so unique! Ian likes them too. I love them the most because you made them and are like the most creative person I know! Thanks again! :)

Val said...

These are super adorable!!

Unknown said...

so cute, newest follower with bloghop, hope you come share the love

http://stayingclosetohome.bloghop.com